Mag.ª Karin Quigley-Draxler
I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice (for adults, couples, and adolescents), counsellor, coach, and university and career advisor.
I am a Member of the European Association for Psychotherapy (EAP), the Austrian Society for Client-Centered Psychotherapy (ÖGwG) and the ÖIT (Austrian Institute for Marriage and Relationship Counselling and Separation and Divorce Counselling). I have been trained in Austria, Germany, USA, Australia, and the Philippines.
- Teaching Certificate and Master's Degree in German and French, University Graz
- Training in Client-Centred Psychotherapy (ÖGwG)
- Intensive Training in System-Oriented Psychotherapy
- Graduate Diploma in Counselling (Australian College for Applied Psychology)
- Training for Coaching with CBJ-Coaching, Vienna
- Training for University Advising (Collegeboard, USA)
- Further trainings in Systemic Therapy and the Family or System Board, Solution-Focused Brief
- Therapy and Coaching, Therapy for Adolescents, Couple Therapy, treatment of Eating Disorders, Burnout, etc.
- Hypnotherapy with Jeffrey Zeig, Level 2 in Gottman Couples Therapy, Therapy with older people
- Brainspotting 2
- 1984-2001 Teaching at a Commercial High School in Vienna, at the Vienna International School, and at the International School Manila, Philippines.
- Since 1989 private practice for Psychotherapy, Coaching und Counselling in Vienna parallel to teaching.
- 1990-1991 Counsellor at a Family Counselling Centre in Vienna
- 2001-2005 Career and University Advisor for North American, British, English speaking universities in mainland Europe and Austrian universities, Vienna International School
- 2005-2006 Middle School Counsellor and Career and University Advisor for North American, British, English speaking universities in mainland Europe and Austrian universities, Vienna International School
- Since 2006 Psychotherapist in private practice, Career and University Advisor, Coach, workshop leader and presenter.
Workshops and Presentations for the following topics:
- communication (also intercultural)
- working abroad
- culture shock and re-entry shock
- university choice